Installation of Bent Sheet
- Select suitable sheet thickness and allowed bent radius.
- Reserve space for heat expansion and watch out for the insert depth (as shown in Table 4).
- Do not place PC sheet on the cement ground or against the cement wall.
- Clean the frame, keep the inlay surface smooth.
- Use appropriate silicone filling and spacer, do not use PVC materials.
- If it is necessary to mark on the materials, please mark on the protective film. If the mark has to be made directly on the sheet, please use crayon. Do not use sharp object for marking.
- Use electric tools (tipped saw) for cutting. When cutting, keep the sheet stabilized to prevent shake, and do not tear off the protective film.
- Tear off the protective film only after installation.
|DISTANCE OF THE WIDTH SIDES||THICKNESS OF THE PC SHEET||*AMOUNT OF INSERT (MM)||RESERVED SPACED FOR EXPANSION (MM) 60|
Design according to 200kg/m2 wind pressure.
- The protective film of inserted part of the frame would affect the adhesiveness of the filling to PC sheet, thus, cut out 5-10mm wide protective film of the inserted part.
- When the temperature difference of the outdoor installation is 8 C or more, the hole space reserved for bolt or rivet should be larger than bolt diameter 1/16″ for heat expansion. If the holes distance is 24″, the reserved space should be 1/8″. When the holes distance is 6″, the reserved space should be 1/32″ and use rivet for aluminum materials. Do not use tapping screws.
- The top of the rivet should be 1.5-2.0 times larger than the stem, and spaced with a spacer or washer to prevent the rivet from pressing the sheet directly.
- All holes should be filled with neutral silicone. Use silicone to coat the outside to prevent cleaner (such as Wenjie) from penetrating the seam and cause cracks.
- Metal trips should be added to the length and width sides, and space for heat expansion should b reserved to improve the ability.
- Do not screw over tightly, or it will cause stress.
- Do not use PVC spacer.
- Do not use Primer.
- Thermal properties:
Heat deformation temperature: The heat deformation temperature of the PC sheet is 130 C, the maximum temperature for continuous use is 120 C.Linear expansion parameter: It is a synthesized resin with low linear expansion parameter. Heat conduction: The heat conduction of the PC sheet is very similar to that of synthesized resin, is 1/4 of glass, 1/300 of iron, 1/1000 of aluminum, 1/12000 of bronze. It is a material with fine ability to maintain the temperature.Embrittlement: The embrittlement temperature of the PC sheet is lower that that for general plastics, about -135 C. The minimum temperature for continuous use is -30 C. Combustion: The PC sheet is less likely to be combusted. It would not produce toxic gas during high temperature heating.
- Photoelectric Properties: Durability: Other PC sheet may experience discoloration and deterioration of the surface under UV if used outdoor. PC sheet is coated with anti-UV protection to prevent chemical or mechanical reaction even used outdoor.Transmittance: The transmittance of 1mm thick PC sheet is over 85%, 5mm thick is over 80%; comparable to glass.
- Mechanical Properties:
- Pulling-resistant strength: High heat-resistance; the pulling -resistant strength is as high as 350 kgf/c under temperature of 120 C.
- Bent-resistant strength and modulus: The bent-resistance of PC sheet is excellent; durable even the bent angle is 80-90 .
- Impact-resistance: The impact resistance of the PC sheet is 250 times the glass and 30 times the acrylic sheet.
- Fatigue-resistance and creep-resistance: The PC sheet has the best creep-resistance in all moldable plastics, even under high temperature. The stress is also low.
- Soundproof: The soundproof effect of the PC sheet is superior to glass under the same high frequency sound.
- Weight: The weight of the PC sheet is only half of the glass with the same thickness and area for labor- and cost-efficiency.
Installation of Hollow Profile Sheet
- Trim the protective films for the differences of 5 to 10mm before inserting PC sheets to the support frame, because the protective films would cause inefficient adhesive between tamping and PC sheets.
- Since expansion and contraction degree of PC sheets will incurred during installation, appropriate insertions and suitable thickness of PC sheets are to be selective. General plate should be inserted into fixed frame for over 25mm, with at least 2 ribs installed into the fixed zone. 3mm tolerance to be reserved for expansion or shrinkage. (Expansion ratio: 0.065mm/m)
The information and statements given by Polylite Industrial Corp. are believed to be reliable but are not to be construed as a warranty of representation for which we assume legal responsibility. Users should undertake sufficient verification and testing to determine the suitability for their own particular purpose of any information or products referred to on any pages of Polylite Industrial Corp. web site or catalogs. Nothing on our web site or in any catalogs is to be taken as permission, inducement or recommendation to practice any patented invention without a license.